Monday, June 15, 2015

My Take: Aftermath Part 2

 Last one of these, I promise.


 Sometimes we can be gently corrected, and sometimes we need a kick in the pants. I thank God that He uses more of the former than He does of the latter.

 I can be a prideful person at times, especially when I should be grateful for the privileges I've been given. My clarity comes and goes, and there are times when I really think that I'm better than everyone else.

 I don't really know why it happens, and I can only sometimes recognize it after the fact. Pride still colors my perception, so it can be hard to tell when I was right, and when I only thought I was right. Revisionist history? Try revisionist memory.

 This is one of the things I've struggled with for a long time. It comes and goes, and because I don't talk about it, it tends to fly under most people's radar. I don't think others consider me overly prideful, but maybe I'm just better at hiding it.


 I guess, in the end, I'm not here to be recognized and applauded. I'm not here to try and make you say, "Wow, he's so cool/different/special/unique/thoughtful/good at this."

 I'm here to give a little bit of light, a little bit of hope, a little bit of truth, and a little bit of knowledge.

 Have I succeeded?



 If you haven't already, go check out Soundcloud. I stumbled onto it last night while trying to find an alternative to the more popular music streaming services. It's far from perfect, but of all the sites and services I've found, it's the one I like the best. Plus, artists like Glaze, Makkon, and YourEnigma are on there, so there's that.

 I'm trying to get things back on schedule this week, so stay tuned.


 God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it polite.