Monday, September 28, 2015

Off-Topic: Unpopular Opinion on Star Wars

 I'm about to say some things that will probably make you angry.

 I'm not trying to make anyone angry or hurt their feelings, I just feel the need to clear the air.





 I'm not excited for, or looking forward to, the new Star Wars movies.

 It's not that I don't think that they might be good, and the villians look awesome (the new Stormtroopers in particular), but the movies themselves just haven't done anything to catch my attention.
Shown here: Badass. But can it save the movie?

 I know that Star Wars has done some really cool stuff in video games and comic books, but fans still mock the prequels, and the originals haven't aged well, especially after all the the "revisions" that George Lucas has made.

 Yes, I realize that Lucas is not directly involved in the new movies, and yes, I know that J.J. Abrams has done some good stuff, but Abrams tends to make things in a certain way (Lost, Fringe, and Star Trek have some similar stylings), and that style may not be well suited to a galaxy far, far away.


 One more thing, I don't find BB-8 cute. At all. I see the proportions and behaviors that make other people feel that way, but I just can't bring myself to like it.


 I also don't like the new and revised vehicles. They just look silly, and not in a good way.


 I feel like everyone is working themselves into a frenzy just because it's Star Wars, and I just don't feel the same.

 Sorry, Nate.



 God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it polite.