Friday, September 4, 2015

Off-topic: Jailed Over Faith?

 Mrs. Kim Davis has been jailed for refusing to follow a court order to issue marriage licences to gay couples, on religious grounds.

 I was freaking out about this, same as every other christian, until I heard that this was a spite move on the judge's part.

 The New York Times says "Judge Bunning’s decision went beyond the wishes of the couples who sued the clerk this summer; their lawyers had asked that she be fined."

 What the h*** is he doing? In what sane person's mind should she be jailed rather than suspended and/or fined?

 I really do hope that this allow the law to change so that Mrs. Davis and those like her will not be forced to go against their beliefs, but there doesn't seem to be much chance of that right now. It is my opinion that the judge has acted improperly, but I don't think he's going to be brought to task for it.

 One final note: Mrs. Davis said in an interview, "They told my husband they were going to burn us down while we slept in our home. He’s been told that he would be beaten up and tied up and made to watch them rape me. I have been told that gays should kill me."

 That's what tears me up more than anything else. That threats like these always happen, and we just accept it. Threats like this are never ok, no matter who did what to whom. No exceptions. Shame on whoever thinks that saying these things helps anyone.




 I've already made myself sick with worry over this, so this will be the last thing I say about it.


God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it polite.