Monday, September 14, 2015

Off-topic: Are We Cool Yet?

 Some of my friends have said in the past that I'm cool, but I don't think that I am (not that my friends would be the best judges, sorry guys). I don't do any of the typical "cool" things. I might even be "anti-cool."


 Counterculture has become culture. The rebel is what people aspire to be. By being "old-school," people like me rebel against our own generation, which might be counter-counterculture enough to turn all the way back to cool. Or it could just be that nerds are "in."



Things I don't do:
  • Smoke.
  • Drink alcohol.
  • Swear.
  • Ride a motorcycle.
  • Throw parties.
  • Have a ton of friends.
  • Talk a lot.
  • Drive very much.
  • Play sports.
  • Drink coffee.
  • Keep up with the latest movies, TV shows, music, or video games.
  • Listen to loud music.
  • Listen to rap, metal, or hard rock.

Things I do:
  • Believe in God.
  • Keep my shirt tucked in.
  • Speak softly.
  • Follow the rules.
  • Read.
  • Play video games.
  • Drink tea.
  • Wear headphones.
  • Listen to quieter, softer music, including classical. Also, alt rock and lo-fi.
  • Watch cartoons.
  • Say "please," thank you," "sir," and "ma'am."
  • Use big words.
  • Read comic books (though not the popular ones)


 So, what do you think?

 Are we cool yet?



 It was a busy weekend, not least because I bought a CAR!

 So as you can imagine, I'm going to be rather busy getting everything that goes along with that taken care of.

 Aside from that, it looks like I'll be at Babscon in April. I'm not sure it that will be before or after I move to Reno.

 Life's been busy, and it doesn't look like it's slowing down! I just pray I can retain what little sanity I have left.

 Praise God, for He is good!


 God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it polite.